[Rhodes22-list] Mast raising land or water

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Wed Apr 28 22:31:28 EDT 2010

Ken,

 If this is the first time you have ever put the mast up on the Rhodes,I
would recommend Putting it up on the trailer. As you are raising the
mast. you may get some side to side sway as the lower stays controling
the side play cross over the load to the upper stays on the way up. The
boat will roll with the sway when in the water,as opposed to being
trapped on the trailer.
The next bad thing about doing it over the water is anything dropped, is
Davey's.
If you decide to raise the mast on the water, watch for wakes just before
raising the mast.
 And to be on the safe side,when you get to your slip,lower the swim
ladder before you start climbing all over your boat,so you have a way out
of that 40 degree water in case things go south.
 One last reminder,make sure your centerboard pendent is secured in the up
position,before launching.

Jerry Lowe