[Rhodes22-list] Mast raising land or water

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Thu Apr 29 17:29:00 EDT 2010

Ken:

It sounds like you have received a lot of good advice and I will share my
perspective that is similar to others.  I raised my mast for the first time
last year when Elton delivered the boat and spent a leisurely few hours
getting acquainted with all my new parts and pieces while on a stable
trailer out of the way of other boaters trying to use the launch.  It's good
to get out of way and not feel rushed your first time but do make sure you
have a clear path to the ramp without overhead wires.  The first time I
lowered my mast was a few weeks ago while the boat was as her slip in the
water.  I re-read Stan's instructions several times and made my own check
list that I methodically followed and spent a leisurely hour preparing for
and lowering the mast.  After doing some mast maintenance I pulled out my
second checklist for raising the mast and had everything back in place and
cleaned up in a leisurely half hour.  I will try to enclose my check list
for raising and lowering for reference however I see others have also
provided a good checklist but also recommend you make your own that fits
your boat and your style.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28405981/mast_hoist_01.pdf mast_hoist_01.pdf

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28405981/mast_hoist_02.pdf mast_hoist_02.pdf