[Rhodes22-list] slip space by the hour

R Orkin roryorkin at verizon.net
Sat Aug 7 10:33:52 EDT 2010

There is no town dock at Knapps Narrows..
There is no Town of Tilghman.. Just an unincorporated area that falls under
county jurisdiction.
The area where you tried to tie up is probably what is called Tongers
Basin.. The waterman do in fact tie up there. Don't know if it is formal
with the county or just by "custom". The other shorline on the narrows is in
fact privat property.  There are restaraunts on either side right at the
bridge. I don't know  if there is actually short term dockage at the Bay 100
(North side).. There is a small pier frontage at the Bridge
restaraunt(south) side whire I think you can tie up if eating.
 Knapps Narrows Marina I am sure will offer some short term arrangement if
there is room at their floating dock.. It is usually pretty booked though
this time of year. Do not know the pricing

cowie wrote:

> I have been sailing around the chesapeake bay from Deale Maryland to
> Galesville, Tilghman Island Knapps Narrows, St. Michaels and Oxford.  I
> sometimes have my dog with me and am in need of a quick stop and or have a
> couple of hours to take a walk thru town.  When I tried to tie up near the
> Knapps Narrows bridge at what looked like a town dock I was told to move
> or I would have to deal with an angry waterman.  I prefer to anchor out
> rather than spend the night at a slip.  Do most of the marina's in these
> areas offer slips and welcome boats to tie up for a few hours?  Does
> anyone know what the typical rate is?  It looks like about $2.25 per foot
> is the overnight rate.  I also notice Galesville seems to have a town dock
> near Pirates Cove but I can't find one in Oxford.
>  http://old.nabble.com/file/p29319791/IMG_0077r.jpg

-----
Rory Orkin
Tilghman, Md