[Rhodes22-list] Advice on re-routing genoa sheets ??

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 20:53:13 EDT 2010

Rummy,

I have never gotten my boat to point higher than 45 deg. by keeping the crew
forward and a good heel.

That's not always bad.  Last Saturday my club had a reverse sail race as a
regatta event.  A reverse sail is a way to handicap by starting all boats at
the same time, then at a designated time all boats reverse and sail the
course back to the start-finish line.  That way, the slowest boat up the
course is the first boat down course when the fleet reverses.

This year, it was a light air beat from the start line.  So I was nearly
last when we reversed.  A dead downwind run with my 175 genny meant I won!

Rick