[Rhodes22-list] Securing Mast for Transit

Arthur H. Czerwonky czerwonky at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 19 17:24:19 EDT 2010

Stephen,

A big difference - the only way to get the upward reach with the crutch support would be a 2x4 bolted across securely at the bottom, with a ~1/2" screw, wrapped for protection, as a vertical pin at the top.  You would want the cushioned pin in the IMF slot and the mast well secured to the wood at the top.  Port and starboard lashing to side rails should prevent the top from swaying to the sides.  Maybe that would work - certainly an inexpensive trial project.  Tell us what you conclude.  I transport as Rob does, on the rail, and do not need to use the crutch.

Art