[Rhodes22-list] to Eileen Spoon

stan spitzer stan at rhodes22.com
Fri Aug 20 11:03:37 EDT 2010

Eileen,

having trouble with my Mac.  It often does not show dates on e-mails (only how long ago the message was sent) so takes extra time reviewing a file to find which was latest e-mail in.  With so many interruptions here I took your file home and reviewed it there.

In one of your e-mails I note your noting that you sent us a number of e-mails that I had not yet responded to.

A lose, lose situation: caught between endless calls on our time from folks who buy their boats from private sellers and prefer to have their questions answered by us instead of by the party they bought their boat from, and our deposit buyers, who expect fast responses to all their questions.  I am a slow learner and have been making the mistake of trying to explain our business limitations but often get the response from private buyers that "I don't want to be educated about your business - I just want answers to all my questions."   I think from now on I will just have to ask for their Certificate of Support Number and if they do not have one just end the conversation sans explanations and tell them to contact the party they bought their boat from.

If I have the correct last e-mail (8/19):

1.	A plastic cover Bimini is white (595) and a fabric cover one is blue (695)
Other colors are available on order.

2.	The number for the red hull recycled boat you are considering is GBX22137K888.

3.	This boat is in existence so you should take out your insurance now.

4.	All titles are in the name of General Boats and are signed over to the buyer along with a notarized bill of sale.   If the buyer lives in NC, the NC boat sales tax (which is lower than most states) is included in the final bill of sale pricing.  If the purchase is being delivered out-of-state, no sales tax is collected and the buyer will be required by their state to pay a sales tax when they register the boat.  Title paper work is very difficult to reverse so titles are usually not signed over and sent to a buyer until a purchase is finalized.

5.	One of the papers in the delivery package envelope is the two year new boat guarantee.  It covers structural failures and not aesthetic issues.   In real life, since all our buyers are automatically enlisted in our sales force, after the two years if an issue is a construction fault, we will often rectify it at no cost to the owner.   But, on the other hand, an owner not living up to his or her sales quota, risk having their boat taken back.

6.	The cost of adding a hatch over the head is listed on your outdated Super Options pages so you are getting a bargain.

Please let us know if you have any other questions you need addressed so we can explain to our non-GB self centered callers that, unless they can squeeze in an extra hour a day or an 8th day in a week for us, attention to your needs comes first.

Thanks for choosing a Rhodes Sailboat for your sailing adventures.
And don't sail (or drive) like my brother.

stan
general boats
114 midway drive
edenton  nc 27932