[Rhodes22-list] Demasting

bdunn1 at aol.com bdunn1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 20 11:55:05 EDT 2010

Alan:  You can pass along to your chief rigger that I had the jib connected to a bolt in the deck that I think some use (or used) for a Spinnaker.   I am going to supply Rummy with a picture but culling through the comments and pictures I believe I have rigged it wrongly for 10 years; I now am aware of the "bridle" over the anchor which I believe is the right item to attach to.  Dumb me!!  The nut came off and the bolt pulled out of the hole with no damage to the deck.  Since the jib flew back and to starboard the pull on the mast broke the strap holding the front stay on the port side.  When that happened the whole mess went over the starboard side into the water.   I contacted Yankee mentioning you suggested I call and maybe someone went over to look at the boat yesterday.  We will be up Friday afternoon and I will contact them and see the status.  Again, I appreciate your help.

Bill Dunn