[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Upwind

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Aug 24 14:44:36 EDT 2010

Ben,
Ta Dah!  Ya see. Some of us old timers still know what we are talking
about.

Rummy

In a message dated 8/23/2010 6:54:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
BCittadino at dcs-law.com writes:

I had  two days in a row on Sandy Hook Bay in NJ this weekend, and I want
to  report that I had a pleasing experience by "finally" re-routing the
Jib  (175 Genny) sheets inside the outer shrouds to try for better  upwind
sailing. I have to say that I didn't expect much difference, but I  was
delighted to get inside 45 degrees at last. I obviously didn't let  the
Genny out to the full 175, but at 100 we flew along and I felt like  I
could make real headway upwind. I had delayed trying the new route  for
the sheets because I thought the sail would get all hung up in  the
shrouds, but it's become no big deal. Try it, you'll like  it.

BenCittadino

S/V Susan Kay ('93 recycled  '08)

PS-Could not connect to Nabble  today??!!