[Rhodes22-list] Sailing Upwind

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Tue Aug 24 17:42:39 EDT 2010

To avoid getting hung up in the shrouds when doing a fast "coming" about into a chop, we loosen furling line and reduce sail  to where luff is just past inner shroud until we've passed through "Eye" of the wind. Then adjust genoa to what it was before. Requires close coordination with jib sheets and 1st mate or me if mate is at the helm.

Thor IV, Delmar NY