[Rhodes22-list] Stan "The Man"

Geoff Farrell geoffreylfarrell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 18:10:00 EDT 2010

Alan/Barbara

I haven't been on GSB since 1965. We moved to Chicago when I was 15. My dad
got a transfer to Elk Grove Village (suburb of Chicago) and dragged us
kicking and screaming to our new location. During the summers I clammed on
GSB and sold them on the commercial docks by the Babylon pool. Those were
great times. I missed the salt water while living in Chicago. My wife Joyce
and I now live in central WI but 3 years ago we bought a condo in Gulf
Shores AL where we spend the winter and part of the fall. This is where I'll
be doing my sailing. Never did any sailing in GSB, just motoring (my
grandparents had a place on a canal and owned a cabin cruiser).

I miss Babylon very much. It was a great place to live being on the water
and so close to the ocean beaches. Would love to get back there but property
values (and taxes) are sky high so I don't think that will happen.

Geoff