[Rhodes22-list] Demasting (Final)

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Mon Aug 30 10:56:58 EDT 2010

Bill,
What you say about the inner stays is correct.  I had one of my aft inner stays pull out.  Actually, it didn't "pull" out, but loosened to the point it had to be repaired.  Water had gotten in around the stay and the plywood had softened and the screw had rusted out.  Even after removing the fitting around the stay, I had to work to pull the stay out.  It is bent and attaches to the cabin top.  I'm still hunting for a picture I took of it, might be at home. - Rob