[Rhodes22-list] Genoa size - 130 or 150

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Dec 7 11:08:33 EST 2010

Hi Rob,
Welcome back to the list.

I can't speak to the genoa size directly. We still have our 12 year
old 175. It's been reconditioned and cleaned twice by Sailcare and
they replaced the heavier Sunbrella with a lighter weight suncover. A
couple of years ago we went to a Schaeffer Snap-Furl furler from the
GB furler. The idea was and still is that we could switch out to a
smaller sail in the spring and the fall when it is windier here. We
still haven't gotten a smaller sail though. We also have a Doyle UPS
which is great in light air.

We do like the fact that we can take the sail off without lowering
the mast. Makes prepping for possible hurricanes easier and now that
we store the mast on the boat for the winter, it means that we can
store the genoa off the boat.

We put a new battened main on the boat last year and have been very
pleased with it.

Good luck with your decisions. Let us know how they work out.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
recycled 1998