[Rhodes22-list] re move mainsail

cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Sun Feb 28 14:36:38 EST 2010

David:

Thanks for the input.  I  have the mast raising system so taking the mast
down should be pretty easy and this will be a good exercise just so that I
am comfortable doing it by myself.  This will also be a good time to check
my mast head light and figure out exactly what's up there regarding anchor
light and mast head light.

Your suggestions on a messenger line,  tight furl when re-installing the
main and lubrication sound good.  The only reason I am removing the main
sail is to repair some stitching at the sunbrella cover and I wonder if I
should just do this without taking the mainsail off?  Any best practices on
how to fold the mainsail if I do take it off?  Will folding the sail make it
more difficult to slide back into the mast?