[Rhodes22-list] Single or double axle?

Alan Robertson bigal_61 at msn.com
Sun Feb 28 21:47:58 EST 2010

Frank,
We've used Stan's single axle trailer for 25+ years. The only times we've had trouble is when:
We have not had sufficient weight on the tongue hitch (needs 400 lbs.) It swayed then.
When doing over 60 MPH; Stan advised pulling single axle at 55 MPH.

As a preventative, we tie a stout 3/8s to the bottom support of the bow rail ,close to its deck plate, and the other end as tightly as possible to the tongue shaft as a way of preventing the bow from bouncing up and down when going over a bump at speed. If using new line, it will stretch and may need retightening enroute.

"THOR IV"  Delmar NY