[Rhodes22-list] A question of size and shape (sails ye salty dogs sails)

Ronald Lipton ronald.lipton at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 16:05:30 EST 2010

Hi John,

   I switched from a 175 to a 150 I purchased from Stand last year.
I also switched from the GBI Furler to the CDI.  The GBI furler performed
well, but I wanted the option to lower or change the foresail, and the
CDI furler allows that.

  I am very happy with the 150.  I do not need to furl as early and it
seems
to be well suited to conditions on Lake Michigan more often than the
175.  It also retains it's shape a bit better when partially furled.  In
light
breezes, when you might want more sail area the 175 does not perform
well due to the heavy cloth.   I think the 150 is a bit more suited than
the
175.  I would thing the 135 would be a bit too small.

Ron