[Rhodes22-list] A question of size and shape (sails ye salty dogs sails)

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.com
Mon Jan 11 12:21:09 EST 2010

Stephen:

I agree with you on the GBI furler.  Do you happen to remember the size of
the luff tape that fits the GBI furler with the grooved foil?

Thanks,
David Culp

Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 16:29:11 -0500
From: Stephen Staum <staum at earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] A question of size and shape (sails ye
       salty   dogs sails)
To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
 delsp=yes

I replaced my old 175 (actually Doyle said it measured 184%) 2 years
ago & decided to stay w the same size to optimize light wind
performance. Doyle in RI suggested adding a luff pad for better reefed
performance & works 1000% better than before. I also stayed w the old
GB furler 4 it's simple reliability & cost saving.

Stephen Staum
87 R22, Carol Lee