[Rhodes22-list] towing a Rhodes 22 w/ a Toyota Tacoma?

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Sun Jan 17 18:44:12 EST 2010

Bill,
I have a'03 4-runner with a V-8 and a 5000lb tow capacity. I bought the 2
axle trailer for my Rhodes because of the short wheel base of the suv,and
the extra braking power of the brakes on the extra axle. Most of us owners
figure about 3000lbs for the boat,and about 1000-1400lbs for the trailer.
Check the specs on your truck to see if it is rated for over 4000lbs.
With the 2 axle trailer, the boat placement on the trailer isn't as
critical to get proper tongue weight.(The single axle needs to have the
boat as far forward as possible,so the tail dosen't wag the dog.)

Jerry Lowe

 I have just about talked myself into a Rhodes 22, but before getting