[Rhodes22-list] towing a Rhodes 22 w/ a Toyota Tacoma?

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sun Jan 17 19:59:26 EST 2010

Bill,
If your Tacoma is the one that has a 6500 tow rating, you will
probably be OK. We tow ours with a Nissan Frontier 2WD with a 6300
tow rating. It tows a heck of a lot better than our old Chev. Blazer
(5000 tow rating) but we did that for years without any problems. If
we had been towing in the mountains, we would have wanted something
with more oomph but on the flat and on I-95 it was fine. You'll want
a trailer with brakes and you'll want to be cognizant of how much
stuff you are loading in the truck and boat for towing.

Best,
Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD