[Rhodes22-list] Genoa Blankets Navigation Lights

Caesar Paul caesarpaul01 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 14:00:33 EST 2010

Hi Guys,

A novice question:  On the water on Monday night with my 175 Genoa fully deployed, I noticed that it was blanketing my red and green navigation lights, that are located on the cabin sides.  That was a moment of discovery for me. We sheeted in a sufficiently to clear the lights, lost some sail and a bit of speed, and all was fine.  To those who have noticed this, how have you handled it?  Would a solar light (red and green) clamped on the bow pulpit satisfy the regulations?

Caesar,
Gentle Breeze