[Rhodes22-list] Jessica Watson

Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Fri Jan 29 21:58:15 EST 2010

Ben, a thought,
You know it is interesting, there are a lot of kids her age and younger who
have done trans Pacific and trans Atlantic voyages and even
circumnavigations while growing up on their parent's boat.  It is
interesting that no one from these backgrounds with extensive experience in
voyaging has attempted such a voyage.....I wonder why?  No point being made
just curious.  My son had been sailing since before he could walk and we
sailed all over the Chesapeake, and he was on several Caribbean charters and
crewed on a delivery from the U.S. V.I. to Ft. Lauderdale.  I would consider
that a minimum before a young person goes out on an independent voyage.
Chris G.