[Rhodes22-list] Hull color

KUHN, LELAND LKUHN at cnmc.org
Wed Jul 7 15:23:55 EDT 2010

Caesar,

It's a C&C and I think it's about 35'.  It's a true racer-cruiser; fast boat first with nice accommodations second.  It's all about compromises--the Rhodes' cockpit is more comfortable (and larger) and we're a "little" less expensive.

The captain is one of the most experienced sailors I know.  He sailed across the Atlantic and throughout the Mediterranean with his wife and son for two years when his son was a toddler.

Here are some comments he had about our boats:

"Bigger and more expensive is not always better.  I have told many people about the Rhodes after seeing you sail it.  I think it looks and sails excellent.  After my trip to the Caribbean in the CC I was tempted to write an article named back to basics. However I am not a writer so it will most likely not happen.  The point of the story is that I feel many sailors are missing out of the enjoyment due to the size of boat and equipment they install.  Before I left I installed a wind vane which forced me to be better at trimming the sails.  This meant I ended up sailing more and enjoying it.  I did not have any concerns about batteries or generators cooling etc.  Also I did not have the luxury to just motor as I only carried 20 gallons of fuel.  Just shows you that these people on their "hi tek" boats are not having any more fun but most likely less.   Ever notice that a lot of these boats never sail?"

Lee