[Rhodes22-list] Test sail in Edenton

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Mon Jul 12 09:17:47 EDT 2010

Eileen,
As Art mentioned, I'm down the road just a bit at Claytor Lake with my 1976 R22.  We love Claytor Lake.  Like Smith Mountain, it's a mountain lake so you have to keep an eye on the weather.  SML is bigger, more developed, and more crowded, but there are plenty of sail boaters on the water.  A few too many power boaters during the holidays and the weekends, but you should find plenty of good sailing opportunities.  One of our Claytor Lake Sailing Associations members is also a member of the VISA yacht club, but from this list you can see there are plenty of boating associations at SML. If you are new to sailing, hooking up with other sailors might be helpful.

http://www.smithmountainlake.com/visit/lakerMagazine/wb/207687

Rob
S/V Getaway
1976 Rhodes 22