[Rhodes22-list] R22 Sailing on Smith Mountain Lake and Albemarle Sound

Bob and Kathy Quinn bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 11 22:20:14 EDT 2010

Eleen and Steve:  Kathy and I kayaked Smith Mountain Lake last summer during a
stop over on the way to Maine via our motor home.  The whole time we were on the
water we were wishing we were on our R22 "NoKaOi" as the sailing conditions were
ideal.   I have sailed on Albemarle Sound.  Like any body of water it can be
quite nice for a great sail.  Other times when a front or thunder storm roars
through, it can be thrilling.  Of course the same can be said for Smith Mountain
Lake.

The R22 will handle both bodies of water with no problems.  Just keep a weather
eye and when things pipe up, furl in some sail and enjoy the ride.

BTW a sail with Stan is always a pleasure.