[Rhodes22-list] Danger Will Robinson!

Mike Cheung hmcheung57 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 21:16:13 EDT 2010

Eileen and Steve,

My Admiral, Mary, and I were where you are about three years ago.  Be
careful!  If you go sail the Rhodes 22 for a couple of days you WILL end up
owning one.

Seriously though, we went down to Edenton (flew into the GA field there
actually, that's another vice and another story) and Stan picked us up and
we spend three days and two nights test sailing one of his rentals.  We were
sold by the time we reluctantly gave it back to him and have never looked
back except with a smile.

As for the logistics, you can sail from Stan's creek out to the Albermarle
and south to Columbia where there's a couple of nice restaurants and either
tie up to the muni dock or anchor out.  Next, I'd suggest a sail west to
Edenton and their quite nice town docks.  Several good restaurants and great
facilities at the muni docks.  From there we returned to Stan's creek and
very reluctantly gave the rental boat back.

I called Stan back less than a week later and worked out the details on our
boat, a recycled 1993 now named s/v Muireann.

We've had a great time with her and I wouldn't trade her for anything.
Well, other than perhaps a new Rhodes, but don't tell s/v Muireann that!

If you time your test sail right you may see us.  We're headed to Kitty Hawk
Bay next week and will be sailing the eastern end of the Albermarle for the
next couple of weeks depending on the winds.  If the winds favor Pamilico
Sound more we may end up there.  This highlights the beauty of the Rhodes
... normally we trailer sail Lake Erie, but next week will be heading down
to the Outer Banks without any concern about being able to live aboard for a
couple of weeks.  Or about being able to head wherever we wish on the inland
waters side of the Banks.  Great boat!

-----
Mike Cheung
s/v Muireann 1993/2008 Rhodes 22