[Rhodes22-list] silencing internal mast cable slap

Mike Cheung hmcheung57 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 18:57:25 EDT 2010

I read here that folks have used pipe insulation to silence the "cable slap"
from the cables running inside the mast.  I just put two 6' sections of
insulation onto the radio and masthead light cables, but that's all I was
able to push on.  I think that the insulation is hanging up on the bolt for
the spreaders.  I imagine that if I pull that bolt I'll be able to push more
insulation up the mast.

My question is: Is it worth it to pull the spreader bolt or is what I've got
in there so far (about 12' of insulation) enough to end the cable slap?

As you can tell, I'd prefer to not pull the spreader bolt if I don't need
to.

Thanks!

-----
Mike Cheung