[Rhodes22-list] Alabama. (Humor)

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Jul 19 10:42:58 EDT 2010

A man walked into the  produce section of his local supermarket and asked to
buy a half head of  lettuce. The boy working in that department told him
that
they only sold  whole heads of lettuce. The man was insistent that the boy
ask his manager  about the matter.

Walking into the back room, the boy said to the  manager, "Some ass-hole
wants to buy a half head of lettuce." As he  finished his sentence, he
turned
to find the man standing right behind him,  so he added, "And this gentleman
kindly offered to buy the other  half."

The manager approved the deal and the man went on his way. Later  the
manager
said to the boy, "I was impressed with the way you got yourself  out of that
situation earlier. We like people who think on their feet here.  Where are
you from, son?"

" Alabama , sir." the boy  replied.

"Well, why did you leave Alabama ?" the manager  asked.

The boy said, "Sir, there's nothing but whores and  football  players
there."

"Really?" said the manager "My wife  is from Alabama "

"Get outta here!" the boy said , "Who'd she play  for?"