[Rhodes22-list] VHF Antenna placement, and masthead light

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Fri Jul 23 20:03:25 EDT 2010

Hi Alex,

Your masthead is very different from ours. For what it's worth, I've
attached a photo. Our antenna wire comes out the side of the mast and the
antenna attaches to the bracket you see here. Our wind vane (a Spar Fly)
attaches to the flat bar that extends aft of the mast. That moves it far
enough aft so that it doesn't interfere with the antenna. Since this picture
was taken we've moved the topping lift to a block that attaches to the aft
masthead extension. We needed the sheave for a halyard when we switched to a
new jib furler (Schaefer Snap Furl).

Mary Lou Troy

1991 R22 Fretless

Rock Hall, MD