[Rhodes22-list] Hull lettering Re: Rhodes hit by car update

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Thu Jul 29 12:56:29 EDT 2010

Alex,

Congratulations on the new boat!  I heard that 1986s were the fastest and
most beautiful Rhodes ever produced, but then I frequently talk to myself.
Funny how disasters can turn into blessings.

These are 8" letters on my boat.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p29297826/IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0399.JPG

Had I to do it over I would have went with 6" letters but 5" would probably
be perfect for your longer name (great name by the way).

Enjoy your new toy!

Lee
1986 Rhodes22  AT EASE
Kent Island, MD

Hi Alex,
Fretless was actually named after a fretless banjo which a friend of
ours who plays one once described as "an instrument with fewer parts
from a slower time". I don't mind the fretless bass association but
more of our friends play banjos.

Our letters are 5" and have a slight forward slant. I think the font
is Lucida Casual. I like everything about them except after years of
looking at them I think I should have asked for just a little bit of
space between each of the letters (they come all on one sheet
properly spaced). I got ours from a guy in Annapolis who later went
cruising but that was before Rik was around.

Best,
Mary Lou