[Rhodes22-list] All tied up

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 10:47:46 EDT 2010

Ben:
On poets: Pinskey is without rival (except, of course, for me). Springsteen, though he is a bit one-dimensional, even predictable, uses great "blue collar" imagery that depicts the middle-American struggle of growing up confused and unsure of the future.  His go-to theme of "the road" is classic American Modernism. The road out, the road away, the road to dreams, the road as escape from...and the road forward, boldly into the unknown. He is as American as Walt Whitman.
On the docking matter:  I like your advice, which seems logical in my unschooled thinking process on boating.  On my floating finger dock, shared with a neighbor on one side, how tightly should I tie up?  Should I pull the boat tight to the fenders or leave a space to move?Muchas gracias. mi amigo.
Joe