[Rhodes22-list] All tied up

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Fri Jun 11 12:48:19 EDT 2010

Rick,

I like your idea, especially about failure in heavy seas.

Stan's contraption gives you better control in marina areas by allowing you
to use both the huge rudder and the motor for turning.

I looked up motor tiller extensions and I'm not sure how well they would
work with the Rhodes' design.  With the outboard down and so close to the
stern, the extension might point too far vertical and be difficult to
control.  It could probably be rigged to work better, but then Stan's
solution might be easier and more efficient.

Lee