[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha 9.9 Won't idle properly

R Orkin roryorkin at verizon.net
Sat Jun 19 16:27:45 EDT 2010

My Yamaha 9.9 has been a pain since the day I got it.. I had constant
carburator trouble which I attributed to the ethanol gas. Hard starting,
needed to block air intake to choke it to start and could never get it to
run right at idle. Finally after several rebuilds, I replaced the carburator
now it starts right up but the rpm's keep rising and falling and will not
stabilize.. This is new. Changed plugs and inline filter..
Only thing left is perhaps float set wrong or the mixture.. Mixture is
supposed to be factory set and it has a plug that needs to be knocked out to
get to it..  Anyone have a similar problem that they resolved?

-----
Rory Orkin
Tilghman, Md
2000 Recycled  Rhodes 22