[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha 9.9 Won't idle properly

ALICE WEISZ amicw5 at msn.com
Sat Jun 19 18:09:51 EDT 2010

Hi Rory,

I had similar problems with my Yamaha 9.9  4 stroke....in fact, all kinds of problems (like you did).  Finally did 2 things...put additive in the gas (from West Marine: Star-tron gas additive).  I don't think that was the solution. What really turned things around is that I found someone who knows engines and he services mine. Eric owns Cox Creek Services and he will work on the engine while it's on the boat!  443 262 5752  (cell: 410-604-2569)  He's in Chester, MD 21619 (that's on Kent Island).  He's a nice human being and if you give him a call,  he'll probably advise you of possibilities where to look in the motor.  Not sure he'd make a housecall - I'm not familiar with the distance.   You might want to mention me as I have the same motor and he's now helped me out a number of times.
Best of luck!

Alice Weisz
Kent Island, MD
BEATS PROZAC