[Rhodes22-list] Sinking at the dock!

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 15:17:17 EDT 2010

Gary,
What material is your pivot pin made of?

Rummy

In a message dated 6/20/2010 1:20:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gary_lockhart33 at yahoo.com writes:

An  update and request for advise. I have been through the archive  and
excellent centerboard trunk repair info posted there. I have the West
System
books and Don Caseys Hull & Deck Repair so feel well informed  but work like
some feedback from others who have successfully completed  this repair. The
area of concern is the pivot slots that are cracked thru.  I imagine the
repair sequence would be to apply epoxy to the interface of  the broken
pieces, assemble in perfect alignment and put 3 layers of epoxy  and glass
cloth on the back of the pivot section. How should the aluminum  spacer
plate
below the pivot be attached? There is not evidence of hardware  attaching
it,
only having been bonded on the rear surface. I am attaching a  picture.
Would
adding stainless hardware be a good idea?

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28941031/Pictures%2B2010_6-201.jpeg