[Rhodes22-list] Sinking at the dock!

foredeckguy gary_lockhart33 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 20 13:20:29 EDT 2010

An update and request for advise. I have been through the archive and
excellent centerboard trunk repair info posted there. I have the West System
books and Don Caseys Hull & Deck Repair so feel well informed but work like
some feedback from others who have successfully completed this repair. The
area of concern is the pivot slots that are cracked thru. I imagine the
repair sequence would be to apply epoxy to the interface of the broken
pieces, assemble in perfect alignment and put 3 layers of epoxy and glass
cloth on the back of the pivot section. How should the aluminum spacer plate
below the pivot be attached? There is not evidence of hardware attaching it,
only having been bonded on the rear surface. I am attaching a picture. Would
adding stainless hardware be a good idea?

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28941031/Pictures%2B2010_6-201.jpeg