[Rhodes22-list] LED Lights

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Mon Jun 28 20:26:40 EDT 2010

I've changed all the lights on my '86 Rhodes to led's except the one over
the head.(I use it very little) The red and green running lights I bought
from Defender,the rest I bought/made from leds from Bebi electronics in
Fiji.Real happy with them. One nice thing about led lights is you can run
two lights off two wires ,as long as you don't need to use both lights at
the same time. I run the steaming light and the fore deck light off one
switch and two wires.I plan to run the anchor light and the windex light
off another pair of wires,saves running 4 more wires up the mast. I go all
season on the charge of one of stan's solar panels to my group 27 battery.
I think the memory of the am-fm=cd player takes more power than all my
lights,when totaled for the season. Led's are great for top of the mast
lighting,very few issues with connections or burn-outs.

Jerry Lowe