[Rhodes22-list] Annapolis Show and Tell - luncheon and gizmos

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jun 29 11:27:20 EDT 2010

Art,
If you are looking for a campground, Cedar Forest looks to be fairly
primitive. It doesn't list any facilities.
http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/camppg.asp
The Cherry Hill Park listed on that website is privately owned but is
the one RV'ers always recommend for visiting DC. It's a ways from
Annapolis and there is Beltway traffic to deal with but it might be a
possibility.
http://www.cherryhillpark.com/index.cfm

The problem with the Annapolis area during the Boat Shows is that it
is mostly booked up though perhaps not as much as it was a couple of
years ago.

A couple of other thoughts come to mind. One is Camp Letts, the YMCA
camp on the Rhode River. The SSCA (Seven Seas Cruising Association)
which is a big well organized membership organization group does
their "annual gam" at Camp Letts. Not sure if they have docks large
enough to accommodate a R22 but they are available year-round for
weddings and family retreats. It would take a bunch of organizing (NO NOT ME).

Another possibility would be to find a marina or yacht club with a
ramp on site or nearby. Because I was just mentioning the Rhode
River, Holiday Hill Marina came to mind. I know of several trailer
sailors visiting the Chesapeake who have used it in the past
including I think Peter Thorn - not for a gathering - just for a
launch point. I've never been there but it might work for a more
informal gathering and they are small boat oriented.
http://holidayhillmarina.com/service.html

Not sure a get-together should be planned at the same time as the
boat show or just before or after. A different time of year would
work for the Chesapeake sailors but its always great to have
out-of-towners like we do for the boat show.

Mary Lou