[Rhodes22-list] Submerged Rhodes

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 14:16:06 EST 2010

What? I'm trying to think of the last time I had a lot of people on board.
I believe I had six French Maidens along with myself and my neighbor
Michael.  That adds up to approximately eleven or twelve hundred pounds. Water
weighs  roughly 8 pounds to a gallon so.....we know there was more than 140
gallons  worth of frozen material on the boat. I can't imagine that the R22
could hold  enough water, frozen or otherwise, to sink. If it did, I imagine it
popped  back once the ice melted. That sure would have been something to
see. We have had several wet snow events this winter, but I've never had any
concern. Guess I will have to pay more attention to detail.

Rummy

In a message dated 3/4/2010 2:06:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,