[Rhodes22-list] Washington Sailing Marina

Hank hnw555 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 10:44:45 EST 2010

Stan,

I think Mark did answer your question.

My boat is at the Washington Sailing Marina and it did not go down.  I asked
the guys there about the storm-pushing-the-water-out theory, and they
assured me that did not happen. They report that all of the boats that sank
were overloaded with wet snow, began listing to one side, took on water and
went down.

Mark P.

I couldn't find the photos on your website of the flotation test.  Did you
do it with the mast installed?  Was it an IMF with Sail?  From the photo of
the boat at WSM it looks like after she took on water and flooded the
cockpit, the weight of the mast cause a 90 degree roll.  I suspect that they
righted her and were then able to bail/pump her out.

Hank