[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes Solar Panel Make Capacity

Chris Cowie ccowie at cowieassociates.com
Mon Mar 29 16:32:13 EDT 2010

Bob:

That's good to know.  If I can afford it I would like to add the tiller pilot and will hold off on the charger. Someone posted the enclosed pdf some time ago that I think shows a pretty clean installation for the tiller pilot.

The solar panels on defender that look similar to what is on my R22 appears to provide about 3 Watts divided by 12volts = .25 amps x 6 hours of strong sunlight might provide about 1.5 amps per day for each panel or 3.0 amps total for both.  This might help answer Caesar's question about capacity.

Christopher P. Cowie

4400 MacArthur Blvd, NW
Suite 300
Washington, DC  20007