[Rhodes22-list] Some simple dimensions, please:

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Wed May 12 08:59:56 EDT 2010

At 01:43 AM 5/12/2010, you wrote:
>Mary Lou:        Upper Dublin?  Holy crap!
>I am in Hatboro.  I've been a cop here for
>thirty-four years (though I am not that old,
>really).  I taught at Gwynedd-Mercy and at
>Montco. Community College (until this week, when
>the semester ended).  We may know some of the
>same people.  What did you do at the
>library?         Where are you in MD, on
>the bay?  My buddy has a sailboat up on the
>Bohemia River at Hacks Point.  I've sailed
>there with him lots.  We will have to explore
>our mutual roots.  Thanks for the help on lettering.   Joe

Hi Joe,
First the boat stuff. You can (sort of) see
Fretless's lettering in the pic I sent to the list a few weeks back:
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/attachments/20100426/9712259f/attachment.jpg
I probably have a pic somewhere that shows the
name lettering on the stern and the numbers on
the bow. Let me know if you want me to dig it up.

We probably do know some of the same people
though most of my acquaintances over that way are
in the library world. I was the Library Director
at UD. The library there is a department of
township government so I was a colleague of all
the other department heads including police chief
Terry T. The Township Manager was my boss. My
husband Fred worked for Rohm & Haas. We were also
involved in the music business (Philadelphia Folk
Festival and Sellersville Theater). We moved to
Rock Hall on the Eastern Shore (west of
Chestertown, well south of the Bohemia but just
north of the Chester River) when I retired in
2006. Fred retired from R&H in 2001. We kept the
boat down here for 5 years before we bought the
house. I decided to retire after we bought the
house we live in now and we found out what we
would clear by selling the house in Ft.
Washington. We still work a little - we walked
into part-time jobs with the local performing
arts center (125 seats). Fred hires the acts and
I do the publicity. It is interesting to us that
we don't do as much sailing now as we did when we
lived in Ft. Washington and spent nearly every
spring, summer and fall weekend on the boat in Rock Hall.

Best of luck with all your moves. My daughter
lives in Rocky Mount (I know - NC is a big state)

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD