[Rhodes22-list] Dock Lines Redux

elle watermusic38 at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 16:52:26 EDT 2010

Mary Lou,
As it can sometimes be tricky tying my boat up when I have been out by myself, after watching the tides for quite a while, I put a loop at the ends of the bow lines so I could just slip 'em over the bow cleat.(Both pt & stbd.) Holds the boat in the space while I'm working the other lines. After I'm settled at the dock I then go up & loop them correctly around the cleat. On the stbd line, I actually have two loops...one near the end that gives me working room to pull the boat around  to get to the other pilings & lines...; once I have all the lines , I then use the second loop on stbd bow line which positions the boat properly. Works great & allows me to keep the boat aligned by the dock no mater what the wind is doing.

elle

Beer is good....people are crazy

1992 Rhodes 22    Recycled '06"Watermusic"  {Lady in Red}