[Rhodes22-list] UPS Sail... Everything I had hoped for and more!

David Culp dculp at hsbtx.com
Sun May 16 00:21:49 EDT 2010

I am updating our group about my new UPS sail that I have installed
this season as I said I would.  Today was one of those days where the
wind is 10 knots and then it's 5.... Up and down, up and down.  Nary a
problem-I was leaving a wake going down the lake most of the way.  And
it is fun too, because you can play it like a spinnaker if you want
to.  Sailing is always fun, but it was extra fun today!  Racing
tomorrow in light winds, should I tell them that it's an illegal sail?
 Which reminds me... They are going to use Portsmouth handicapping and
it doesn't specify the sail plan for our boat, so what is "illegal"?
Our boat will go hull speed and that's it most of the time.  The skill
is in getting it there.... Right?

dc