[Rhodes22-list] Bent Stainless Steel Tubing

David Bradley dwbrad at gmail.com
Sun May 16 19:03:58 EDT 2010

Quick question for the more mechanically inclined...

The stainless steel pop top arm in our boat has somehow been bent
slightly.  I removed the assembly and can see the bend in the lower
port section of the upper arm.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to
the type of place that would be able to straighten the bend?

Not sure how this happened.  Was working fine and one day the assembly
just stopped working.  I don't remember anyone falling against it -
maybe someone tried to break into the boat when I had it locked up and
the pop top cinched down to the step.

Seems like a quick fix if someone has the right equipment.

Thanks,

Dave