[Rhodes22-list] Mercury Service Manual & Operations &Maintenance Manual

Saroj Gilbert saroj at pathfind.net
Mon May 17 15:56:48 EDT 2010

That info is in the user manual so I didn't bother looking in the service manual.

The oil mixture is 50:1; they recommend Quicksilver NMMA ceertified TC-WII or TC-W3 2-cycle outboard oil or another brand at the same rating if Quicksilver is unavailable.  That breaks down to:
2.6 oz per gallen; 8 oz per 3 gallons, etc.

Spark plug gap depends on which you use.  The two recommended are:
  a.. NGK BP8HS-15 the gap setting is .060" or 1.5mm;
  b.. NGK BP8H-N-10 the gap setting is .040" or 1.0mm;
My Mercury 9.9 is approx 15 years old and works great with fresh gas & oil.  It started after a few pulls on Sunday and purred along the entire time I was driving over to the ramp (30 mins or so) and it had been sitting for 9 months or so.  It probably would have started quicker had I realized I hadn't pulled the choke out all the way.  I did prime it some by making a couple of pulls with the "run" switch off.

Hope this helps.

Saroj