[Rhodes22-list] Hit by a car, can my rhodes be saved?

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue May 25 23:08:16 EDT 2010

John,

First, I pretty much agree with you on everything.

Way back when my Rhodes was under construction, I had the pleasure to watch
the factory build Rhodes every day as visited (I worked near the NY plant.)
As I recall, when the hull was separated from the deck, the hull was in a
"mold" or carrier.  I wonder if it is safe to leave the hull in the trailer
bunks while the deck is removed.  Does the hull need special support?  The
other thing that I remember was that the decks were lifted at several points
using a harness.  The decks were also placed on rolling carriers (I don't
think that they sit flat) so the deck might also need a cradle for support.
Seems like a bigger job than I would want to tackle.

Hopefully, the damage is not as severe as to warrant removal of the deck.

Mike
s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)
Nissequogue River, NY

From: "John Shulick" Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:25 PM