[Rhodes22-list] Hit by a car, can my rhodes be saved?

Greg PA baywindgroup at comcast.net
Thu May 27 08:02:00 EDT 2010

Alex
I am a newer owner of an older boat, but I made surfboards a few years ago
so I have some experience with fiberglass.
If the damage has the foam behind it I don't see why you couldn't do these
repairs yourself. Stans always says you if you want water ballast just punch
a hole in the bottom. There is enough flotation that you will be safe, she
will only go 5-6 knots anyway=).

Buy a few Don Casey books on Half.com about repairing fiberglass. Buy your
supplies from Fiberglass warehouse. I would use the 2-part epoxy and 8oz mat
(if I remember correctly). She was already a project, still is.

-----
Greg PA
s/v SERENITY
79 Rhodes 22