[Rhodes22-list] Hit by a car, can my rhodes be saved?

Greg PA baywindgroup at comcast.net
Fri May 28 08:56:22 EDT 2010

I agree with John 100%. I was in the same position last year. If you take on
too big a project, the boat will be on the hard all summer and you will
start to lose enthusiasm. eBay is full of 1/2 done project boats that the
owner lost interest. Get it fixed to the point you can sail safely, then
re-evaluate what you want to do with her over the winter.

 "The only other option is to laminate on the outside then fair it as best
you can. If you can live with a minor hull distortion it might be the cheap
easy way to go sailing this summer. 4-5 layers of glass should do then seal
and paint damaged area only and wait for a better rhodes to buy.
Just thinking out loud
John S"

-----
Greg PA