[Rhodes22-list] If I can't fix the Rhodes, another sailboat for now?

Eric Larson ericrobertlarson at gmail.com
Sun May 30 23:52:04 EDT 2010

Hey Alex,

I actually called on the Rhodes new Detroit.  It is apparently well
outfitted and in decent shape with the one exception that she leaks.  If you
keep her in the water you will need to get out about once per week to bail
her out.  The story as it was told to me is that the previous owner obtained
the boat in a device settlement, and did not cover the boat properly, so
some water got into the the keel trunk or something like that and froze.
Now there is a crack somewhere.  If the prospect of locating and fixing a
cracked keel trunk is not intimidating to you, it sounds like a fairly nice
boat.  It was the finding part that put me off from it the most...that and
needing to spend my boat money on some medical bills ;).

Eric