[Rhodes22-list] New here - intro and some questions

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sat Nov 13 17:07:48 EST 2010

Hey Rob S.
	I will speak from the vantage of having spent lots of time on a
Lightning then moving to the Rhodes.  I've had one Rhodes or another for 35
years and I love the feel of the boat, it performance, and the fact that it
will forgive your mistakes.  I firmly believe that the right choice for you
would be the un-recycled Rhodes.  You have the skill to "recycle" a lot of
the details on the boat and can fabricate what you need because you are on a
tight budget. Finally, the safety margin on the Rhodes is so superior to
most other 22's and larger boats that it must be factored into the equation.
My wife was neutral on our first purchase of the Rhodes, she has since
become an outstanding sailor, navigates all over the seas and loves
sailing(and still loves me!).
Chris Geankoplis
Medford, OR