[Rhodes22-list] Reintroduction

Michael Corley michael.4591 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 15:07:26 EST 2010

     By way of a reintroduction I am Mike Corley, a loyal Rhodes owner since
1996.  I have not been active on the list in several years.  It is
definitely a lot quieter now than it used to be.  Sort of miss the barroom
mentality of the old list.
     I have owned two Rhodes, the first was a new 96 model I bought from
Stan and then after returning from Europe Stan made me a great deal and I
traded it in on a slightly used and upgraded 99 Rhodes in 2000, but that is
another story.  I like to tell people that I liked the boat so much I bought
it twice.  I still take the boat back to GB in Edenton, NC when it needs
work which is infrequently.  Stan and GB is the most honest business I have
ever dealt with and they still do good work!
     I just recently retired from the Army after 30 years of service.  I
retired from Fort Monroe, Va and now live in Smithfield, Va at the
intersection of the Pagan and James Rivers. I keep my boat at the Old Point
Comfort Marina at Ft Monroe in Hampton, Va which is about 22 miles from
Smithfield.  My children are grown now so I primarily singlehand which is
easy to do in a Rhodes.  I have enjoyed sailing the Southern Chesapeake for
the last four years.  Previously I have sailed my Rhodes out of Middle River
near Baltimore, Newbern, NC on the Neuse river, and Washington DC on the
Potomac River.  As all of you will agree, the Rhodes is a great costal and
inland pocket cruiser!

Mike Corley
S/V Ranger
99 Rhodes